Sunday 22 September 2013

A New Dress

Of course, I did not really need a new dress for work, but when I saw this one on ebay, put there on auction by a lady whom I have gotten a dress and a pair of shoes from before, I decided to bid on it, and ended up highest bidder (which wasn't very high at all).


The lady who sold it lives only a ten-minute walk from me, so I went to pick up the dress after work. I have seen enough of her household to trust everything from there being spotlessly clean; nobody in that household smokes, and there are no pets.

Last year in June, I showed you this dress on my "Fashion Calendar"; it is the above-mentioned one from the same seller.

The dress was brand new, never worn before, with the original shop label still attached. I like the colour and the cut (the belt was my own addition, since it was a little too lose-fitting without it). The colours are, I think, very well suited for this time of the year. And it is cut generously enough to allow for a long-sleeved top to fit underneath, so that I can still wear it when the days get colder.

16 comments:

  1. Looks good on you, Meike, and I think the belt is a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I like this very much. The color looks good on you and I also like the belt.
    How fortunate that the lady lives so close to you! I love it when life works out like that.
    Oh, and I meant to say that I like that neckline on you. For some reason (maybe my broad shoulders) boatline is best for me, but is the hardest to find! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! Yes, I like the neckline on this one, too. It is different from almost all my other dresses.

      Delete
  3. It really suits you, actually it looks made for you. I love the cut, it's both elegant and casual. it looks really great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francesca! Yes, it was one of those cases of seeing the dress and knowing "that's mine", as if it had my name on it :-)

      Delete
  4. Looking good! I always like a square neckline. I have a nice photo of my mother and me and she is wearing a dress with a similar neckline, but I don't think that's the only reason I like it. It's very becoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi! It certainly made me feel very much at ease all day at the office.

      Delete
  5. fesch ;-) Steht dir gut, hi wie geht es dir? ich hoffe doch gut.

    Sende dir liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, danke!
      Ja, mir geht's gut, und meinen Sims auch :-)

      Delete
    2. lol echt? Sorry hab mich schon eine Weile nicht gemeldet. Es gibt so einige Veränderungen bei mir und die Zeit ist auch kostbarer geworden.
      hihi du weißt es also noch.

      Delete
    3. Kein Problem, auch bei mir gibt es immer genügend andere Dinge zu tun, so dass mein Blog (und meine Sims) manchmal etwas nach hinten rutschen.
      Was hältst Du denn bis jetzt von Sims4?

      Delete
  6. That dress looks fantastic on you!! Very elegant... I hope you are doing wonderfully!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Silke! Yes, I am doing well, just a bit busier than usual, with a big project going on at work these days. Things are bound to quieten down a bit from the middle of October onwards.

      Delete
  7. C'est très élégant et chic. I'm not sure why but I decided that such a comment sounded better in French. Assuming that my translation is correct "Das ist sehr elegant und schick" just doesn't sound quite the same. Bothe sound rather better than "It's very elegant and chic" though. Hmmm. I wonder what made me go off at a tangent like that. You'll gather that I like the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Graham, and I guess French seems to be the language best suited for fashion comments as Paris used to be the world centre of fashion for a long time (and for many, it still is).

      Delete